[PW] ? Quote About Asimov (Quotation Query #759)

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 08:34:39 PST 2017

After a delay of a couple years I have now created an entry on this
topic for the Quote Investigator website. The acknowledgement lists
many W0mbats. See below. Thanks!

I Had a Writing Block Once. It Was the Worst 20 Minutes of My Life
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/01/07/block/

[Begin acknowledgement]
Great thanks to Fred Shapiro whose mailing list inquiry led QI to
formulate this question and perform this exploration. Special thanks
to Mark Carson who pointed to the pair of “Dangerous Visions” books
and identified Andrew J. Offutt and Harlan Ellison as candidates. Many
thanks to S. M. Colowick who located the 1982 “Starlog” citation.
Additional thanks to discussion participants Ivan Van Laningham, John
Cowan, Michael J. Lowrey, Dennis Lien, and Bill Mullins. Also, thanks
to the volunteer Wikiquote editors.
[End acknowledgement]

Garson

On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 5:39 PM, Shapiro, Fred <fred.shapiro at yale.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for pointing this out, Garson!  Just as Asimov or Silverberg published so many books they probably forgot about some of them, I send so many quotation queries that I forget about some of them.
>

> Fred

efense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__en.wikiquote.org_wiki_Jerry-5FPournelle&d=CwICAg&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=sRkhHMQo6W5Ird1lkQFqb23bCfSHAR2XjUSUG53db5M&m=CzPLkSjfEisuU1JDlzFRtlqLRfe_eeEDTYgNSmUaAGY&s=YJCkfaRRrfkyaHk0xHijQDyEb0fSL9ZQQYUTTAks68U&e=
>, in "Chaos Manor: Is there an Upgrade in your future?" in Dr. Dobb's
Journal : Software Tools For The Professional Programmer (2005), Vol.
30, Issues 374-379, p. 9