[PW] ? AIDS Quote (Quotation Query #757)

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at yale.edu
Tue Dec 27 03:56:59 PST 2016

The New York Public Library Book of 20th Century American Quotations has the following quote:

"You're not just sleeping with one person, you're sleeping with everyone they ever slept with."
Theresa Crenshaw, "Men, Women, Sex and AIDS," NBC-TV, January 13, 1987

Are there earlier expressions of this same thought, which I think was common in the early days of AIDS?  I am interested in tracing the earliest version I can find.

Fred Shapiro