[PW] article on librarians as collection concierges

lcarruba at mfrl.org lcarruba at mfrl.org
Tue Dec 13 17:24:28 PST 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find an article that I read in a library-related publication online, either LJ or AL, about public librarians acting as book selectors for specific patrons: staff subject or genre experts would put 1-3 books on hold per week for specific patrons who would check out the items or send them back. I believe it was a 2-month pilot program. This was an article published between August and November 2016. I've thrown every phrase at LJ and AL's search engines without success. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of this article--or even better, the library that started this pilot program? (Maybe their librarians are Wombats?)

Thanks, Laura

Laura Carruba
circulation assistant
Blacksburg Public Library