[PW] Personal Request :: Looking for a Children's Book about Nurse and/or Lemon Sharks

Colleen Kelly kellyco at hdsb.ca
Tue Nov 29 12:03:07 PST 2016

Hi Everyone, No rush on this, I'm just trying to find a copy for my
nephews.

In the very early 80's I read a short book about a girl who grew up near an
aquarium and fell in love with lemon/nurse sharks. When she grew up, she
wanted to become a marine biologist because of her early experiences with
sharks, and I'm pretty sure that the book is written from the perspective
of her looking back at her childhood. It would have been unique for the
fact that is was a girl wanting to be a marine biologist.

As a kid I would have thought of it as non-fiction, but of course, I would
have been too young to know for sure. It wouldn't have been more than 40
pages or so. I remember being amazed that she was able to touch the sharks
when she was a child.

Any leads on this title would be wonderful, thank you all so much!!

Colleen

We're your library.  You can ask us anything.

Colleen Kelly, LIT
Online/Web Library Technician
Library Services
Halton District School Board
2050 Guelph Line
Burlington, Ontario  L7R 3Z2
O. 905.335.3663 x.#3351 | C. 905.876.8185
http://www.hdsb.ca/library
https://www.facebook.com/HDSBLibraryServices/

"Ask her what she craved and she'd get a little frantic about things like
books, the woods, music.  Plants and the seasons."
~Charles Frazier