[PW] Vocabula Review

Solomons1pal at aol.com Solomons1pal at aol.com
Sat Nov 12 07:45:15 PST 2016

Colleagues,

  As many of you know, Robert Hartwell Fiske, editor and  proprietor of the
on-line monthly journal The Vocabula Review, died a  few months ago.  Some
of his friends and contributors to TVR tried  to keep it alive after Robert
was gone, but failed to find the necessary  support, so now it too is gone.
Those of you who read TVR will  know that everyone who cares about the
English language and related subjects has  suffered a loss; there is no
periodical anywhere, online or on paper, that  covers the same range of subjects,
and does so at so high a level of  excellence.

   I was shocked to learn just a few days ago that  the archive of all TVR
issues, for years available online to all  subscribers, was no longer on the
Web; apparently those responsible for Robert's  estate did not see the
point of paying the price of keeping his life's work  available.  I'm sure,
though, that at least some of the institutional  subscribers to TVR have such
complete archives on their own sites, and  I ask all of you with any knowledge
of the matter to let me, and all of us, know  where such archives can be
found, and how to get access to them.

                    Sincerely,
                    Mark Halpern