[PW] 'New York World' online?

AllenAmet at aol.com AllenAmet at aol.com
Sun Oct 30 18:57:46 PDT 2016

Hi,

   I used to think that back issues of the 'NY World' were  searchable and
available on fultonhistory.com but I don't see it  (them) there now.

  Specifically I am looking for the front page of the Jan. 3, 1885  issue,
which had a long column on a New Year's Dinner held in NJ, at the home of
William J. Hammer. It was supposedly a remarkable event, with all kinds of
electrical devices, automata, gadgets, etc. held for the "Society of
Seventy-Seven."

  Various sources now give different dates - even years - for  this unusual
Dinner. And based on what I dimly remember, I sometimes wonder  if it
really took place as described.

  Anyway, if I could see the actual article again, it would be very
helpful. The 'same' article (and same date) may have also appeared in the  'Daily
Advertiser and Journal' (of Newark, NJ).

  Much thanks in advance!

Allen K.