[PW] Helen Markey, California Artist

S M Colowick januarye at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 10:23:08 PDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Ellen Cousins <ellen at smithie.com> wrote:
> Hello Lysa,
>
> The site, askart.com allows free access on Fridays to its collected
> biographies, and they have an entry for Helen Markey. I will note that
> this entry mentions this list [lists.project.wombat.org] as a source. That
> answer came from our own S.M. Colowick:
>
> Thu Feb 17 14:52:57 PST 2011
>
> http://lists.project-wombat.org/pipermail/project-wombat-project-wombat.org/2011-February/004782.html

> That answer came from our own S.M. Colowick:

> Thu Feb 17 14:52:57 PST 2011

> http://lists.project-wombat.org/pipermail/project-wombat-project-wombat.org/2011-February/004782.html

I knew the name seemed familiar! Thanks for the brief trip down Memory Lane.

I see in my email that there was this related message from May 2011:

http://lists.project-wombat.org/pipermail/project-wombat-project-wombat.org/2011-May/005491.html

Dear Mr. Mann,

Recently I happened across a web page from February of this year, indicating
that you were interested in information pertaining to the California painter
Helen Markey. The link to this page is as follows:
<http://lists.project-wombat.org/pipermail/project-wombat-project-wombat.org/2011-February/004778.html>.

Helen Markey was my great-aunt, sister to my grandmother, Mary Katherine
Strohecker. Their maiden name was Buck. I certainly do remember childhood visits
to the beach house in Oceanside, CA belonging to my mother's Aunt Helen and
Uncle Joe Markey. Helen Markey was a gifted artist, and both my parents and I
are owners of some of her pieces. They are much cherished.

If you are still seeking information regarding Helen and Joseph Markey, I can
have my mother get in touch with you. She knows a great deal about the family
and I believe she would be happy to speak with you. I will await your reply.

Regards,
Katherine Shaffer