[PW] ? Help Sought on Modern TV Catchphrases (Quotation Query #753)

Peter McCallum mccallumpeter09 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 07:12:43 PDT 2016

Not to be a tiresome nitpicker, but someone suggested "Beam me up, Scotty"
as being from *Star Trek*. I've heard it reliably reported that Capt. Kirk
never actually used that phrase, much as Holmes never said, "Elementary, my
dear Watson."

But let me suggest (if no one else has) "Make it so," often spoken by
Kirk's successor on the bridge, Capt. Jean-Luc Picard.

-Pete