[PW] ? Help Sought on Modern TV Catchphrases (Quotation Query #753)

Todd Mason foxbrick at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 21:27:07 PDT 2016

 For SANFORD AND SON (rather an old series for your purposes?), also "You old heathen."

    On Thursday, October 20, 2016 12:24 AM, Bill Davis <wmadavis at gmail.com> wrote:

Sandford and Son:

"You Big Dummy!"
"This is the big one -- I'm coming Elizabeth!"

All in the Family:

"Meathead"
"Stifle Yourself!"

YouTube has videos for the "Top Ten"  sitcom and TV cartoon  catchphrases:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-KMYuWLfv4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjODAFKBiow

And both have comments with many suggestions, such as:

Mork and Mindy:        "Nanu, Nanu"    and    "Shazbot"

Newhart:  "Hi, I'm Larry. This is my brother Darryl, and this is my
other brother Darryl."

Bill Davis

---

list at project-wombat.org