[PW] accounts of PTSD/other disorders in *American* World War I veterans?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Oct 7 06:42:08 PDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Kay Lancaster <kay at hub.fern.com> wrote:

some expurgated verses to Mademoiselle from Armentieres

My father (1904-1993) knew and sang that about the house (we all sang one
thing or another), though he had never been to war (too young for WWI, too
old for the rest).  I still remember them and was able to de-bowdlerize
them myself later.  It gave me a shock when I read the climax of _The Three
Musketeers_, which is set there.

Unless it was by accident that I had offended someone, I never apologized.
        --Quentin Crisp