[PW] Searching for a young adult book “(S)he sat in the darkest corner of the waiting room...”

Mike Goldsmith mikegoldsmith639 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 08:28:51 PDT 2016

Many thanks Jeanne, I'm pretty sure I read this in 1975 at latest, but I'll
search for more details of Caught in a Web.

Best wishes

Mike
On 24 Sep 2016 14:34, "Bristol Library" <bplref at gmail.com> wrote:

This is a longshot as I haven't found any other info on it, but there is a
book entitled Caught in a Web by E. M. Middlemas.  It is fiction, came out
in 1978, and very few libraries hold a copy.

FWIW,
Jeanne

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 5:21 AM, Mike Goldsmith <mikegoldsmith639 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> “(S)he sat in the darkest corner of the waiting room...” ... is the first
> line of a book I read in about 1973.
>
> This book is a real mystery to me, as I have a very vivid memory of it
> being called "Captives of the Web", yet I can find no trace of such a
> title, or anything similar, Like "Prisoners of the Web". So, I guess,
> memory fail!
>
> It’s about a criminal mastermind who runs a drug network, and was set in
> contemporary (late 1960s/early 1970s) London.
>
> The cover was dark, with a shadowy figure on the left and a brighter
tunnel
> opening on the right.
>
> At least, that's what my memory insists!
>
> Any help very gratefully received
>
> Mike

Bristol Public Library
Bristol, VA/TN