[PW] Searching for a young adult book “(S)he sat in the darkest corner of the waiting room...”

Mike Goldsmith mikegoldsmith639 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 02:21:35 PDT 2016

“(S)he sat in the darkest corner of the waiting room...” ... is the first
line of a book I read in about 1973.

This book is a real mystery to me, as I have a very vivid memory of it
being called "Captives of the Web", yet I can find no trace of such a
title, or anything similar, Like "Prisoners of the Web". So, I guess,
memory fail!

It’s about a criminal mastermind who runs a drug network, and was set in
contemporary (late 1960s/early 1970s) London.

The cover was dark, with a shadowy figure on the left and a brighter tunnel
opening on the right.

At least, that's what my memory insists!

Any help very gratefully received

Mike