[PW] Great Gatsby challenged at Baptist College, SC 1987

S M Colowick januarye at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 13:29:37 PDT 2016

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Kevin O'Kelly <rkokelly at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Would anyone with access to a database including regional newspapers from
> the 1980s check and see if they find anything about a challenge to The
> Great Gatsby as a reading assignment at Baptist College in Charleston, SC
> in 1987

If you get no results from Womb at s, you could try contacting the
library at Charleston Southern University, formerly Baptist College:

http://www.csuniv.edu/library/researchhelp.html

I would try either the general reference email or the person listed as
in charge of Archives. Given how often this alleged challenge has been
cited, I bet they're aware of it and may even know the details.