[PW] Help with discovering origin of a name

Katherine Harper kharper4 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 06:20:06 PDT 2016

Barb, did your patron mention where her grandmother was from? You could
check the census records in that city or state for the surname Bruda and
see if there's a connection with her married name.

FWIW, to me it sounds Germanic, as though it started out as Brude and was
feminized in spelling.

Best,

Kathy

Katherine Harper, Ph.D.

*To the Letter Editorial and Research Services
<http://www.to-the-letter.net> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/kharper4>*