[PW] Historical time zones in the US

Bristol Library bplref at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 15:50:10 PDT 2016

Gary, this is VERY helpful. It may save me from 50 years of newspapers!
There is one footnote, though:  I started going through film and found that
both cities DID go on Daylight Savings Time in 1946-- I'm not at work so I
don't have the notes in front of me, but I think it was in May-- and
intended to stay on DST until September 29. Then the Commonwealth of
Virginia passed either a law or resolution (no notes here) that Virginia
would stay on EST.  As a result, both cities went back to EST on July 1,
1946.  One other nearby city on the Tennessee side had joined them
(Kingsport) but the other nearby Tennessee city did not (Johnson City).

THANKS!
Jeanne

--
Bristol Public Library