[PW] Historical time zones in the US

Lonn Taylor taylorw at fortdavis.net
Thu Aug 18 10:09:07 PDT 2016

In the summer of 1946 my parents and I were driving from Washington, DC to Fort Worth, Texas and we stopped in Bristol for lunch. We went into a restaurant and were told rather abruptly that "dinner ain't ready yet" because we had crossed into Tennessee and it was only 11:00 AM and not noon as my
father's watch showed. I remember this vividly even though I was only six because it was my first awareness of time zones.

We crossed back to the Virginia side of the line and had a delicious lunch of country ham, cornbread, and butter beans.

Lonn Taylor
Fort Davis, Texas

Sent from my iPhone