[PW] Elusive short story

Graham Stitz submissions4graham at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 04:06:54 PDT 2016

Hi, in the 80s I read a short story (part of an anthology of [I suspect
SciFi]) of a person given final words before being executed by firing
squad.  His final words extended to several pages in a single sentence.  An
erudite prisoner, he used Latinate terms to describe the appearance,
intelligence and ancestry of his executioners.  I remember 2 quotes "..my
postposition will be more horizontal than my preposition..." and "'..I
shall end not with a whimper but with a... 'Bang!"  Or that is the gist
from a faulty memory...

Can anyone out there help?

Cheers
Graham