[PW] Science Direct article?

brian whatcott betwys1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 13 18:58:39 PDT 2016

On 8/13/2016 12:05 PM, John Cowan wrote:
> Even Hartmann Flood scripsit:
>
>> Found using Google Scholar. Hint: If you are looking for a scientific
>> paper behind a wall, always use Goggle Scholar to see if it open
>> anywhere.
> Second hint:  When you get to a paywalled page, append ".sci-hub.cc"
> to the domain (the part between "http://" and the next "/") and try again.
> The next page is in Russian, but click on the down-arrow icon and wait.
> You may have to solve a CAPTCHA (usually it's an English word, not an
> arbitrary string of letters and numbers).
>
> Free the mouse!

Now THERE'S an interesting hint!

Looking for an updated toolkit package for one of the worlds great
software/math applications

Matlab ~ which can run $2 grand!    I noticed that there were cracks on
offer for free download from Russian sites.

A crack is essentially a software theft, and comes complete with adware,
trojan horses for bots etc., so this is not

a sensible way to go.    I settled for a discounted domestic(I thought!)
source of an outdated but usable version

which still cost real money.

Brian W