[PW] photographs of black news-makers

Lois Aleta Fundis fundisl at weirton.lib.wv.us
Wed Aug 10 10:44:10 PDT 2016

Try the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
http://www.carnegielibrary.org/
or the Special Collections at the Hillman Library of the University of
Pittsburgh (my alma mater!)
http://www.library.pitt.edu/special-collections.

CLP has back issues of the Courier although according to their website it's
available to library cardholders only.

Hillman doesn't seem to have Courier back issues, but they do have some
collections/papers of people who were connected with the Courier.  One
example:
Collection Title: *Percival L. Prattis Papers*
*Creator: *Prattis, Percival Leroy, 1895-1980
Bulk dates: Bulk, 1936-1964
Inclusive dates: 1916-2011
*Extent: *3.75 linear feet (3 boxes, 4 volumes)
*Abstract: *This collection contains documents relating to the life and
career of journalist, Percival L. Prattis, executive editor of the *Pittsburgh
Courier* newspaper. The material dates between 1916 and 1980, with the
majority of material dating from 1936 to 1964. The materials in this
collection are correspondence, financial reports of the *Courier*, drafts
of articles and stories, scrapbooks, and photographs.

Both staffs are likely to know of other places, if any, that may also have
what you need if anyone does.

And should you need to travel to Pittsburgh to consult these collections,
the two buildings are very near each other, just across a small park!

The main phone number for CLP is 412-622-3114

Contact info for Hillman (cut-and-pasted from the website):

Hillman Library
Third Floor, Room 363

Contact by Phone 412-648-8190 <+14126488190>
Fax:  412-648-7887
Send us an email <uls-specialcollections at pitt.edu>
uls-specialcollections at pitt.edu

Lois Fundis   fundisl at weirton.lib.wv.us
Reference Librarian, Mary H. Weir Public Library
3442 Main Street
Weirton, West Virginia  26062
A Selective Depository of the Federal Depository Library Program
A Funding Information Network Partner of the Foundation Center
A Weirton United Way Agency