[PW] Appeal for Famous 21st Century/1990s Song Lyrics (Quotation Query #750)

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 16:02:30 PDT 2016

Title: 22 Songs From The 90s And Early 2000s With The Best Lyrical Advice
http://elitedaily.com/music/best-90s-lyrical-advice/1188751/

Here are the first five:

[Begin excerpt]
1. “Heal The World” by Michael Jackson (1991)
    “Heal the world, make it a better place for you and me and the
entire human race. There are people dying; if you care enough for the
living, make a better place for you and me.”

2. “Everybody Hurts” by R.E.M. (1992)
    “When you’re sure you’ve had enough of this life, well, hang on.
Don’t let yourself go, ’cause everybody cries and everybody hurts
sometimes. “

3. “The Sign” by Ace of Base (1993)
    “I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes, I saw the sign. No one’s
gonna drag you up, to get into the light where you belong.”

4. “You Gotta Be” by Des'ree (1994)
    “You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser. You
gotta be hard, you gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger.”

5. “You Learn” by Alanis Morissette (1995)
    “You live, you learn. You love, you learn. You cry, you learn. You
lose, you learn. You bleed, you learn. You scream, you learn.”
[End excerpt]

17 Early ’00s Pop Songs As Motivational Posters
https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamiejones/if-early-2000s-pop-lyrics-were-motivational-posters