[PW] Appeal for Famous 21st Century/1990s Song Lyrics (Quotation Query #750)

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at yale.edu
Fri Jun 10 14:29:16 PDT 2016

I am currently working on the second edition of the Yale Book of Quotations.  I would welcome any suggestions of famous lyrics from popular music (hip hop, rock, pop, r&b, country, Broadway shows, etc.) of the 21st century or 1990s.  "Famous lyrics" can include not only longer passages but also short sayings or phrases that have "passed into the language" or become catchphrases or memes.

Fred Shapiro