[PW] trying to find fantasy teen book

Robert robert.verde at gmail.com
Wed May 25 07:01:55 PDT 2016

The detail about the head injury seems familiar, perhaps this is _The Left
Hand of God_, by Paul Hoffman?  It's the first book in a trilogy, the
protagonist is named Thomas Cale, and the series is mostly about warring
military/theocratic powers called the Redeemers and the Antagonists.

Excellent fantasy series, and I read in the author's afterword to one of
the books that the main character is actually based on a real historical
figure.