[PW] History of the "Moose-Anana" Query

T.F. Mills phasco at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 13 05:01:00 PDT 2016

On 11 Apr 2016 at 7:00, Luke Owens wrote:

> I have no idea when the banana was first sold in the US, but it
> couldn't be earlier than that. [1933]

The first bananas were imported to the US in 1870.

Banana republics.  Banana boats.  Reefer ships.  Look 'em up in Wikipedia.  Most people do
just live in the present, generally taking it for granted (like the chopped banana on my breakfast
cereal -- hasn't it always been thus?), and oblivious to how their species have tinkered with
evolution,  But the anthropocene, too, will end.

T.F. Mills
(Colorado, USA)