[PW] History of the "Moose-Anana" Query

Marian Drab kin mmdrabkin at att.net
Tue Apr 12 10:56:15 PDT 2016

Bananas were a food fad in the 1920s similar to what kiwis were in the 1980s, or kale is now.  There was a very popular song, "Yes, we have no bananas" in the 1922 Broadway revue "Make it Snappy", sung by Eddie Cantor.  It was a major hit in 1923.  (Thanks, Wikipedia.)  I remember my grandmother singing bits of it when I was a child in the 1940s.

Marian

Sent from my iPad