[PW] History of the "Moose-Anana" Query

Luke Owens lilongjr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 05:13:04 PDT 2016

I woke up this morning with a question in my head: "Where did the
'Moose-Anana' come from?" As a bit of background, my parents were members
of the Moose Lodge back in the 1960s and 70s; at some public function
(carnival, lodge picnic, that kind of thing) or other, they would serve
what they called "Moose-Ananas", a frozen banana on a stick dipped into
melted Hershey Bars and rolled in peanuts before the chocolate hardened.

Now I'm pretty sure that this recipe was not invented by the Moose Lodge,
as bananas and chocolate have been around for at least four centuries. I've
searched the net, but all I find are recipes, none of which have any
history of the dish. Would anyone here have any ideas where to find that
history?

Thank you in advance!

Luke