[PW] toughie for y'all

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan9 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 14:04:26 PDT 2016

Hi All--
I have a *very *strong feeling that this title might have been reviewed in *The
Women's Review of Books* fairly recently (rather than the NYTBR); I tried
locating a cite using JSTOR with no success, although Lisa Tetrault had a
review of a pair of different (but related) titles in 2012 which may be of
interest:

Purists vs. Pragmatists
<http://www.jstor.org/stable/41553381?Search=yes&resultItemClick=true&searchText=tetrault&searchUri=%2Faction%2FdoBasicSearch%3FQuery%3Dtetrault%26amp%3Bfilter%3Djid%253A10.2307%252Fj101199>
Lucretia Mott's Heresy: Abolition and Women's Rights in Nineteenth-Century
America by Carol Faulkner
Fighting Chance: The Struggle over Woman Suffrage and Black Suffrage in
Reconstruction America by Faye Dudden
Review by: Lisa Tetrault
<http://www.jstor.org/action/doBasicSearch?filter=jid%3A10.2307%2Fj101199&Query=au:%22Lisa+Tetrault%22&si=1>
The Women's Review of Books, Vol. 29, No. 3 (May / June 2012), pp. 11-13

Note that JSTOR does not index WRB later than 2012.

Note also that my filing system is um, faulty (that's a polite way to put
it), which means that while I would probably have the issue featuring such
a review, I would not be able to find it in a timely fashion.

Metta,
Ivan

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Jeanne Schramm <jeanne.schramm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Tetrault, Lisa. The Myth of Seneca Falls: Memory and the Women’s Suffrage
> Movement, 1848–1898. Univ. of North Carolina. 2014.
>
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:55 AM, Virginia Brown <aeaeiat86 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Here's how it was described to me:
> >
> > 2 books, reviewed in the New York Times Book Review, within the last 6
> > months to a year, about two women in the first wave of the feminist
> > movement (i.e. Seneca Falls Convention, but that didn't work as a search
> > phrase).
> > One of the women was the "brains" and the other the "orator."
> >
> > Any help in identifying these two books would be MUCH appreciated, and
> even
> > more appreciated would be a copy of the book review.
> >
> > thanks all!
> >
> > --
> > "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
> > dark to read." - Groucho Marx
> > Project Wombat - Project-Wombat-Open
> > list at project-wombat.org
> > http://www.project-wombat.org/

Ivan Van Laningham
God N Locomotive Works
http://www.pauahtun.org/
http://www.python.org/workshops/1998-11/proceedings/papers/laningham/laningham.html
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours