[PW] help finding a poem that I read in high school

Annie fillemelodique at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 20:04:53 PST 2016

Hello there!

Between 2000 and 2003, I read a poem in an anthology.  Unfortunately,
I don't recall any exact quotes or much of any solid details -- just
tidbits and an overall feeling.  This was NOT a school assignment -- I
was reading poetry anthologies for leisure at the time.  It was
probably recommended to me by my very kind high school librarian.

Below is what I remember.

**WHERE**
- poem was in an anthology; not sure if single author or multiple

**WHEN**
- it was more modern
- read between 2000 and 2003

**STYLE/STRUCTURE**
- it may have been free verse
- the lines were fairly short
- it was less than a page long
- I don't think it was broken up into stanzas, but I can't be sure

**CONTENT/THEME**
- it was about a woman and her two (male?) lovers; she was lounging in
bed with one lover and thinking of the other
- for whatever reason, the idea of the woman caressing her lover
sticks out in my mind
- body parts were mentioned (thighs?)
- there was no overt sexual content
- there was no dialog -- more like an inner monolog or capturing a
moment in time

This is very much a shot in the dark, but I would appreciate any help
in finding this poem.  Thank you so much for your time!
--Annie