[PW] Book of prayers from colonial era written in 1950s/1960s?

Lois Aleta Fundis loisaletafundis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 07:49:28 PST 2016

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Klocek, Angela <aklocek at sccl.lib.mi.us>
wrote:

> Didn't know the title or author just that it was old and written sometime
> in the 1960s (possibly earlier).
>
> Assuming of course you meant 1690s (I remember the 1960s; it wasn't *that*
long ago!) I am also suspecting it was the Book of Common Prayer, which was
originally written in the 1500s. Most English-speaking people in the
colonies were at least nominally Anglican (Church of England), and in
several colonies it was the official religion.

--
Lois Aleta Fundis
loisaletafundis at gmail.com

"I don't know anybody who can really explain music -- what it does to the
brain, what it does to the heart. But it does something that we need." --
Bruce Springsteen