[PW] Book of prayers from colonial era written in 1950s/1960s?

Meredith Dixon dixonm at pobox.com
Fri Mar 4 07:17:29 PST 2016

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Klocek, Angela <aklocek at sccl.lib.mi.us> wrote:
> Has anyone heard of a book which had prayers that were said during the colonial era for funerals, inaugural events, general times...

I don't know anything about that specific book, but just in case the
patron is simply interested in its subject matter, adherents of the
Church of England would have been using the prayers in the Book of
Common Prayer (1662):

<http://justus.anglican.org/resources/bcp/1662/baskerville.htm>

If the patron is trying to find something more distinctively American,
the first Episcopalian Books of Common Prayer (1786 and 1789),  while
post-colonial, might give some idea of currents of American religious
thought among former Church of England members.

<http://justus.anglican.org/resources/bcp/bcp.htm>

--
Meredith Dixon <dixonm at pobox.com>