[PW] Emerson quotations

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 06:44:54 PST 2016

Here is a link to a close match for the third saying in 1908. The text
was attributed to "Young People's Weekly", and it was not attributed
to Emerson.

https://books.google.com/books?id=TioYAAAAYAAJ&q=%22Peace+has%22#v=snippet&

Here is a link to the analysis of someone who tried to trace a related
(contiguous) saying and concluded it was not from Emerson:

http://irregulartimes.com/2013/03/03/the-evolution-of-a-quote-misconceived-misattributed-misconstrued/

The phrase "Peace has its victories" has a long history, and the
accompanying text has evolved over time.

Garson