[PW] Children's SF book or short story

d-lien University of Minnesota d-lien at umn.edu
Wed Nov 18 08:04:08 PST 2015

And here's a view of the jacket -- the insectoid natives do look as
though their skin might be "leathery":

https://www.flickr.com/photos/schongut/4020848592

And aha!  This review has a longer plot description, and we have a
winner -- Holly was correct:

http://www.amazon.ca/Turned-loose-on-Irdra/dp/B0006CA7JG

Dennis Lien / d-lien at umn.edu