[PW] Need source for anti-war quotation Albert Einstein

Robin Leigh social.worker42 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 5 17:07:20 PST 2015

Please help with locating a source for this quotation, presumably by Albert Einstein.
It is my convictionthat killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

Here is the entirepassage:

He who joyfully marches tomusic rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has beengiven a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord wouldsurely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done awaywith at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, howdespicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds thanbe a part of so base an action. It is myconviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an actof murder.
 R Leigh, MA