[PW] Most Notable Quotations of 2015 So Far?

Michael J. Lowrey orangemike at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 12:51:18 PST 2015

Jeb Bush"People Need to Work Longer Hours"

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jeb-bush-people-work-longer-hours/story?id=32313997

sometimes quoted as "should" rather than "need to"

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 7:33 PM, Shapiro, Fred <fred.shapiro at yale.edu> wrote:

> I’m starting to think about my annual list, run by the Associated Press,
> of the top 10 most notable quotations of the year.  By “notable” I mean
> “important” or “famous” or “particularly revealing of the spirit of our
> times” rather than necessarily being eloquent or admirable.
>
> I would welcome suggestions of notable quotations from 2015, particularly
> ones from politics or popular culture or entertainment or sports or
> business or technology.
>
> Here are some of the contenders that I am already aware of:
>
> blood coming out of her eyes; blood coming out of her -- wherever
> Donald Trump
>
> Who's doing the raping?
> Donald Trump
>
> He is not a war hero.
> Donald Trump
>
> a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight, and when they
> come out, they're gay.  So, did something happen while they were in there?
> Ben Carson
>
> Clinton sparred with Fox News reporter Ed Henry, who asked her whether she
> "wiped" her server.
> "What — like with a cloth or something?" Clinton joked
>
> Stuff happens.
> Jeb Bush
>
> Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?  But we put
> together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee.  What are her
> numbers today?
> Kevin McCarthy
>
> Fred Shapiro

Michael J. "Orange Mike" Lowrey

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and
clothes."
     --  Desiderius Erasmus