[PW] Request help tracing adage about war in Reader's Digest

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 13:30:51 PDT 2015

W0mbat Suzanne Watkins sent some valuable pre-cursor partial matches
to me off-list for the adage listed at the bottom of this note:

1819: War does not decide the justice of any question. It only
determines which party is the most ferocious and savage.

1875: Because war does not decide who is right or who is wrong but
simply who is strongest.

I've updated the entry on the QI website and acknowledged Sue:

War Does Not Determine Who Is Right -- Only Who Is Left
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/10/10/war-not/

Garson