[PW] ?Armstrong Antique Reversibe Ratchet?

Suzanne Watkins gilgunn2003 at ymail.com
Sat Oct 3 23:20:03 PDT 2015

Below are 2 links. The first link is a history of Armstrong and the second, their 1940 patent for the reversible ratchet wrench.
The Armstrong reversible ratchet of old is very much the same as the modern one of today and worked in the same manner. It has a switch on the backside that allows you to reverse the direction of the socket travel. A complete diagram is on the patent page showing how it works.
Armstrong Bros. Tool Companyhttps://home.comcast.net/~alloy-artifacts/armstrong-bros.html
Reversible ratchet wrench US Pat. 2193984 APatent US2193984 - Reversible ratchet wrench
|   |
| Patent US2193984 - Reversible ratchet wrenchMarch 19, 1940- H. A. RHINEVAULT REVERSIBLE RATCHET WRENCH Filed April 16, 1937 Patented Mar. 19, 1940 REVERSIBLE RATCHET WRENCH Harry A. R... |
|  |
| View on www.google.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Sue W
"Man will destroy the world because he does not obey the laws of nature and pretends to know the laws of God" -S. Sullivan (1966)