[PW] Madams Western U.S. Late 19th Century

Mary Barna mbarna at albright.org
Fri Sep 11 13:14:47 PDT 2015

You might want to try the following

THE LOST SISTERHOOD : PROSTITUTION IN AMERICA, 1900-1918 by Rosen, Ruth.

A VINDICATION OF THE RIGHTS OF WHORES : THE INTERNATIONAL STRUGGLE FOR PROSTITUTES' RIGHTS

I know that there was some coverage in the women's history books.  There was also a book about sisters that were madams in Colorado, I believe. This was written by David Walencheski (sp?) they were also mentioned in THE PEOPLE'S ALMANAC.

Hope this helps.

Mary Barna, Director
Valley Community Library
Peckville, PA  18452
570.489.1765 x 3
A Member of the Lackawanna County Library System