[PW] Yet another question

Peter Zilahy Ingerman, PhD pzi at ingerman.org
Sat Jul 25 10:51:56 PDT 2015

Hello, friend W0mbats ...

Last time I asked a question the answer was simple, and I'm almost
embarrassed   to ask another, but I'll brave  it ... and this is for me,
again, with absolutely no rush.

Perhaps 60-odd years ago I recall reading a SciFi story. I don't
remember anything about it except for one line ... the alien (non-human,
of course) was leaning against a tree "picking his not-teeth with
fingers that weren't".

Recently that line has popped out of my subconscious like an earworm ...

Is there any chance someone besides me remembers it, and can cite a
source for it?

Peter