[PW] quote: white fears of retribution under a black president

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Mon Jul 13 07:59:23 PDT 2015

On 7/13/2015 10:50 AM, Kevin O'Kelly wrote:
> Wombats:
>
> This is a long shot, I realize: but I recall a number of
> "man-in-the-street" style interviews in the 2008 election campaign, in
> which white voters expressed fears of retribution for centuries of black
> oppression if Obama were elected.

Not sure if this helps, but several magazines, newspapers and even
academic journals published articles under variants of the title "Fear
of a Black President."  Here are two links that may or may not be
useful:  (1)
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2008/10/fear-black-president and (2)
http://www.darkmatter101.org/site/2012/07/02/fear-of-a-black-president-obama-racial-panic-and-the-presidential-sign/