[PW] Desperately looking for a poem about women supporting each other.

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 22:38:56 PDT 2015

Google Books shows "Voices of Resistance" in preview mode; hence,
several verses of the poem that was recited in the YouTube clip
mentioned by Janis Winn and identified by Karen Weiss are visible. The
primary theme of women catching one another fits the description given
in the inquiry.  Also, the memory of "we weave our hands together"
might be connected to the following poem phrase: "forging salvation in
arm linked huddles".

Title: Voices of Resistance: Muslim Women on War, Faith & Sexuality
Editor: Sarah Husain
Publisher: Seal Press: An Imprint of Avalon Publishing Group,
Emeryville, California
Poem Title: Who's Got Us?
Poem Author: Anida Yoeu Esguerra
Start Page 252, End Page 254
(Double check for typos and OCR errors)

https://books.google.com/books?id=UUKuLcBVX3IC&q=%22we+fall%22#v=snippet&

[Begin excerpt]
Who's Got Us?
Anida Yoeu Esguerra

who's got us when we fall?
who will be there to catch us
when the sky becomes too heavy to hold up
when we slip away as obscure phantoms
souls too thickly burdened to stand up tall
who will break our fall?
. . .

. . .
i have seen our women survive each other
cradling cups of tears in a circle of fears
mature salty puddles fused into fuel
forging salvation in arm linked huddles
. . .

. . .
God is not a man!
we snatch back our ovaries
keep our children close
we remember to mouth our names even in silence
and dare to define ourselves beyond our own imagination

sister / woman--
spread your wings across the horizon
take flight past the heavens
and we will catch each other when we fall.
[End excerpt]