[PW] George Bernard Shaw quote?

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:31:45 PDT 2015

The excerpt from the "World Theatre" journal might be referring to the
1932 play "Trovarsi" by Luigi Pirandello. There is a Wikipedia page in
Italian for the play:
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trovarsi

But the English Wikipedia page for Pirandello does not include the
play in the list of "Major plays". Within GB the following snippets
seem to show alternative titles for the play in English:

Trovarsi (She Wanted to Find Herself, 1932).
Renunciation: She wanted to find herself

If someone can access the play in Italian or English it might be
useful to look at the final pages to see if there is a match for the
excerpt given in "World Theatre: "this is true and nothing is true.
The only truth is that you have to create your own role, create
yourself. Only then do you find yourself."

Garson