[PW] George Bernard Shaw quote?

S M Colowick januarye at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 10:05:41 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 9:42 AM, Elizabeth Barksdale
<ebarksdale at udallas.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is one of those questions about whether someone's quote is accurate or
> just Internet sources keeping an inaccurate quote in circulation.
>
> "Life isn't about finding yourself.  Life is about creating yourself."
> George Bernard Shaw

A snippet of a 1971 book called The Play and the Reader (which was
first published, I think, in 1966) has a quotation that includes these
lines: "The only truth is that you have to create your own role,
create yourself. Only then do you find yourself." Unfortunately Google
doesn't show the part of the page (422) with an attribution, but maybe
someone has the book and could check.