[PW] Children's Book - About a Dying Tree

Burton, Donna burtond at union.edu
Tue Jun 2 13:31:15 PDT 2015

Not sure if this fits or not: The Gift of the Tree (see
*http://tinyurl.com/nppowtx
<http://tinyurl.com/nppowtx> *for the cover illustration) which is
described as "[Alvin] Tresselt's classic story of The Dead Tree is given
new life in this gloriously reillustrated volume. The role of an oak tree
in the cycle of nature is revealed as an ancient tree, even as it dies and
returns to the earth, provides nourishment for new life all around it.
"Impressionistic illustrations beautifully reflect an evocative text". --
Kirkus Reviews."

Donna Burton
Reference Librarian
Schaffer Library