[PW] eBook Distribution to Libaries

Timothy Ferguson timothyferguson at bigpond.com
Tue May 26 06:14:00 PDT 2015

Tom, our biggest book last year was about an abused manchild whipping his
girlfriend a lot during intercourse.

(Did no-one else stock Fifty Shades? It was a whole thing...)

In Australia at least, erotica for women has been the third largest selling
category of book for about twenty years (following romance novels and,
sometimes, cookbooks).

I've looked at your website: that sort of humour's kind of tired here, but
it's nowhere near as violently, disturbingly sexual as stuff you can get
through libraries now, through some of the "for women by women" imprints.

We even do a "If you liked fifty shades" book display sometimes.  It has a
lot of black covers and waxed torso in it  I wonder where all of these
medieval Scotsmen get their torsos waxed?  Anyhow...  The thing I thought
was humorous was that last time, we did "blind date with a book" at the same
time, so of our book displays, only the erotica wasn't in brown paper
wrapping.

So, I know you think you're being salacious...but you're kind of tame
compared to the werewolf erotica I shelved today.

(Not speaking for my employer, of course, but seriously, Tom: you only think
you're being salacious.  We publish reading guides for people who want BDSM
erotica now, and that's just normal in this industry. They are just next to
the ones on what to read if you like travel memoirs.)