[PW] More on "African American" Origins Story

Barbara Schmidt schmidtbrb at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 06:41:11 PDT 2015

I would like to commend Fred on this research.

I noticed in some of the online comments elsewhere that some offer the
theory that the word "The" as opposed to "An" in the name of the
author indicates the author could have been a prominent or well-known
personality at the time.  I would love to see him or her identified.
Could this author have been a pastor of an African American church in
the Philadelphia area?  I also searched, (without initial success), to
see if there were other books listed on WorldCat by that same
publisher -- W. Woodhouse, A. Smith and S. Saviel.  Is anything known
about these publishers?  Perhaps publishing company records exist
elsewhere?

I think there is potential here for another good story or journal
article on a theory as to the author's identity.

Barb