[PW] Quote: If I call it art, it’s art; or if I hang it in a museum, it’s art

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 00:10:02 PDT 2018

Back in November 2017 the Duchamp attributed quotation in the subject
line was discussed on the W0mbat mailing list. Now there is an article
on the Quote Investigator website with the following acknowledgment:

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2018/03/17/art/

[Begin acknowledgement]
Great thanks to Elizabeth Barksdale whose inquiry led QI to formulate
this question and perform this exploration. Special thanks to Marci
Frederick of the Sadie Hartzler Library of Eastern Mennonite
University for obtaining scans from “Newsweek” magazine. Also thanks
to discussants Elizabeth Barksdale, Marci Frederick, and John Cowan.
[End acknowledgment]

Feedback welcome,
Garson O'Toole