[PW] Recognize any of these?

Jerome superjcm at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 1 11:12:32 PST 2018

Hello Everyone,

Each year about this time I post a request for help identifying some pictures. These have been particularly difficult the last couple years so this time I will try to give a little more context.

Once again, my team is participating in this for-fun trivia contest and could use some help.  We've finished third two years in a row, maybe you can help us be in the top two this year.  This event is put on by a college radio station in Minnesota where first prize is simply a grab-bag of prizes, a traveling trophy and bragging rights.

When a team registers for this contest they receive a packet of pictures to identify. There will be a question asked during the 50-hour contest regarding each picture. This is just a small part of the bigger contest, but can make a difference in where we rank among the 50+ teams. So far this year we've had success identifying all but 9 photos.

** Please, Please, Please: Email only me if you think you have an answer so that other teams can't Google and find it in the Wombat archives. **

I will let everyone know what the answers are after the contest is over in a couple weeks and give credit to those who helped me out.

Here is a link to the pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7ght4kqx6mk4nq/2018_Mystery_Pics.pdf?dl=0

[https://cfl.dropboxstatic.com/static/images/icons128/page_white_acrobat.png]<https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7ght4kqx6mk4nq/2018_Mystery_Pics.pdf?dl=0>

2018_Mystery_Pics.pdf<https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7ght4kqx6mk4nq/2018_Mystery_Pics.pdf?dl=0>
www.dropbox.com
Shared with Dropbox

Some of the pictures have been photo-shopped or are part of a bigger picture, but that's the way we received them.
We've already run the photos through various image search programs, so these remaining photos are more likely to come from a related but not exact online match, movie, record album, Youtube video, book, magazine, business advertisement, etc...

This year's theme is "Weather - Storms", but only some of the pictures will be based on this theme.

The trivia writers like to pair up the photos, meaning that pairs of photos tend to be related in some way, like two out of the same magazine, theme, movie, etc...  Here's some clues based on ones we've already solved, the unsolved ones could be related.
- Arizona, Florida or Minnesota
- Codenames, ciphers, Strategy, Secrets or Spies
- Comic book or comics, board game
- Beer/alcohol or tobacco
- Visual related to movies, poster, music, artists or album cover
- Related to a food item, candy, snacks or cereal
- Related to war, business logo, collectibles, postage stamp, sports, Olympics or Google

Any thoughts people would like to share would be greatly appreciated.
Never know, you might be surprised to discover one of these pictures came from your local area or your favorite record album or magazine.

Thanks in advance for any help people can provide,
Jerry