[PW] Need help finding source of or verifying W.E.B. du Bois quotation

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 10:49:31 PDT 2017

Here is a citation and HathiTrust link to an essay by Du Bois in a 1910 volume.

The Editorial review. v.2 (1910).
The Economic Aspects of Race Prejudice
By W. E. Burghardt Du Bois,
Professor of Sociology, Atlanta University
Start Page 488, Quote Page 493

https://hdl.handle.net/2027/njp.32101076424934
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/njp.32101076424934?urlappend=%3Bseq=503

[Begin excerpt]
And when a group, a nation or a world assumes this attitude, it is
handling dynamite. There is in this world no such force as the force
of a man determined to rise. The human soul can not be permanently
chained.
[End excerpt]

Garson