[PW] anyone have the database Historical Black Newspapers?

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Sun Jan 15 11:05:10 PST 2017

Alas, Proquest refuses to let independent researchers have access, and
my university can't afford that database.  I desperately need an obit of
a black baseball player who died in 1940.  His name was Moses Sisco, but
I have seen his name spelled several ways-- Sisco with an S or Cisco
with a C.  In either case, he moved from his native New Jersey to play
semi-pro baseball in Boston, where he became very popular.  He later
became an athletic trainer for several high school and college teams.
If anyone could check the Proquest Historical Black Newspaper site, I'd
be eternally grateful:  I've checked other sites, but to no avail.

Donna L. Halper, PhD

Associate Professor of Communication & Media Studies, Lesley University
Cambridge MA