[PW] ? "Funny Girl" Quote (Quotation Query #754)

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 09:26:28 PDT 2016

A reporter for the "Detroit Free Press" saw "Funny Girl" on Broadway
and reported on January 24, 1965 that Streisand spoke the line in the
play.

Date: January 24, 1965
Newspaper: Detroit Free Press
Newspaper Location: Detroit, Michigan
Article: Why Streisand Keeps On Knocking 'Em Dead
Author: Louis Cook (Free Press Staff Writer)
Quote Page 7C

[Begin excerpt]
She opens "Funny Girl" by coming out and looking into a dressing room
mirror and after deep study remarking:  "Hello, gorgeous ..."

Miss Streisand is not gorgeous, although she's not exactly homely, either.
[End excerpt]

Garson