[PW] Full Text Source(s) for Materials Quoted in Orwell's "Politics and the English Language"

stephen pomes stephen_pomes at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 11:05:30 PDT 2016

A patron approached me about getting the full-texts of the materials that Orwell uses in the beginning of his essay, "Politics and the English Language."  Orwell quotes from these sources and uses them to show examples of bad writing.  The patron has an interest in reading these materials in their entirety.
Orwell's essay is available on the web in both HTML and PDF formats, but I haven't seen any hyperlinked resources that reproduce any of these other writings that Orwell quotes.  If anyone is not familiar with the essay, here are two links:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/ombudsman/Politics_and_the_English_Language-1.pdf

George Orwell: Politics and the English Language

|   |
George Orwell: Politics and the English Language
 By O. Dag Politics and the English Language, the essay of George Orwell. First published: April 1946 by/in Horizon, GB, Lo...  |   |

As I work in a science and technology library, we don't have much literary reference materials.  We've tried Google, but we mainly get websites reproducing Orwell's essay, but not much else.
Thanks,
Stephen Pomes